sat is code green / maps to sit / selected meaning no 3
sat Past tense of sit Past participle of sit
sit [sit] verb (3rd person present singular sits, present participle sitting, past sat, past participle sat [sat])
1. intransitive verb rest with weight on buttocks: to assume a position of rest in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal Where would you like to sit?
2. transitive verb place in seat: to place somebody or yourself in a seat or a sitting position They sat us down to hear the whole story.
3. intransitive verb rest body on hindquarters: to rest the body with the weight supported by the lowered hindquarters (refers to four-legged animals) The hound sat in the corner, looking strangely thoughtful
4. intransitive verb perch, roost, or cover eggs: to perch, roost, or cover and warm eggs for hatching A falcon sat on the telephone wire, staring down at us.
5. intransitive verb POLITICS LAW exercise authority: to occupy a position of authority while deciding or legislating something The legislature sat through the night.
6. intransitive verb ARTS PHOTOGRAPHY pose for something: to pose for a portrait or picture He sat for the countrys best-known photographer.
7. intransitive and transitive verb EDUCATION take exam: to take an examination for something She sat her finals last week.
8. intransitive verb be idle: to be or remain idle They just sit around and do nothing.
9. intransitive verb be placed or situated: to be located or positioned somewhere The dinner dishes were still sitting on the table.
10. intransitive verb CLOTHES fit or hang: to fit or hang on somebody in a specified way The gown sat beautifully on the model.
11. intransitive verb be in specified way: to rest, weigh, or lie as specified Authority sits lightly on his shoulders.
12. intransitive verb be taken as specified: to be accepted or considered in the way specified The news didnt sit well with me.
13. intransitive verb baby-sit: to baby-sit (informal)
14. intransitive verb set in specified direction: to be in a specified direction (archaic) The wind sat in the east.
15. transitive verb have seating space for: to have seats or seating space for a specified number of people We can sit 10 around the dining table.
16. intransitive verb be digestible: to be digestible (informal) The heavy meal didnt sit well with me.
17. transitive verb be astride something: to keep astride of a horse or similar animal She sat her gelding with great poise.